ANAREA Battle Royale
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
Erikmy

Pre-select keys for guns Empty Pre-select keys for guns

on Wed 29 Jul - 22:09
I would love if I could pre-select keys for guns.
F.ex. 1 for AK, 2 for shotgun and 3 for AR.

Last edited by Erikmy on Wed 29 Jul - 23:38; edited 1 time in total
j3sser3t4rd
j3sser3t4rd

Pre-select keys for guns Empty Re: Pre-select keys for guns

on Wed 29 Jul - 23:33
How does it currently work? Mouse Scroll?
Erikmy

on Wed 29 Jul - 23:41
j3sser3t4rd wrote:How does it currently work? Mouse Scroll?

I don't really know, I just assume you have to drag and drop it into the slot you want it in like most other games.
Dinkeydock

on Thu 30 Jul - 10:23
Im thinking thats a QOL aspect that makes gameplay easier..AND THATS BAD!

The whole ******** thing that made it blow up was that people who had muscle memory to simple tasks such as looting and inventory they had a headstart because of skill. Ontop of that came aim and tactics. Every game in ******** was about looting fast in the begining and getting them into the slots you had muscle memory too. If you make it a preset that takes away from the skill of looting fast and efficiently.

So should we make it easier for plebs to just start shooting? That will be aspect for sure, nothing gets hated on more than a useless player somehow getting an advantage.
Games should come with learning curves which makes mastering the game so much more satisfying and watching a good player amazing.
j3sser3t4rd
j3sser3t4rd

on Thu 30 Jul - 10:25
Every game I know has prebound keys weapons. Because it's simply stupid to remove that aspect of a game. It causes frustration and amazingly decreases the combat/game speed which is just what Anarea will need in my opinion.

Edit: I don't think we are thinking about the same thing. Are you saying the system in Z1 was good or bad? Because I thought it was good.
Dinkeydock

on Thu 30 Jul - 20:02
Nah, H1 did not have prebound keys for weps... you had 1-2-3 slots for main weps and they were filled in the order you picked up the weapons. If you make a game extremely easy lootwise theres no learning curve. Like for example they made helmets go right on your head if you picked up one.. it allowed players to script helmets to go on the head if one ever was shot off..

Its in my opinion that if you get pre keyed weapons that there will be a lower learning curve, lower learning curve means it will all depend on shooting alone.. lets not forget the history of the compat update, easier to shoot laser guns like mp7, no recoil AK-47, no bullet drop ar-15... it was aids it instantly killed the game from 98 000 players in a daily basis to now.. max 200 players on at any time or even less.

If i was a developer id check with the entire community before making the game easier.. you want a game to be easy to jump into, hard to master.. and therefore much more enjoyable.. thats speaking from experience and my education and background.. people love mastering things.. like switching helmets fast, looting fast etc.

j3sser3t4rd likes this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum