ANAREA Battle Royale
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
SnoddyG

Allow us to move while healing - being unable to move is outdated! Empty Allow us to move while healing - being unable to move is outdated!

on Sat 22 Aug - 23:28
Ok I was just thinking of how to improve this BR and I was playing the game and it hit me! After fighting someone for about a minute I killed a guy and was down to 1 shot. What do you have to do when you are 1 shot? You gotta heal! What do you do when you are healing? You sit there and are vulnerable to anyone in the area. You cannot move. You just have to hope no one is around. I always get next to some cover to heal but when their's nothing around you gotta just stick it and hope you get the heals off. What happened to me? Johnny up the hill shot 1 bullet and I fell over immediately. THIS is a bad game mechanic. BR's are extremelly punishing to play. For the most part only the winner of the BR is satisfied. Everyone else loses. Some people frag out and die and it's not as bad but everyone else has a bad experience. It doesn't feel good to kill someone and then be vulnerable like that and then die like that. Take Warzone for example. Warzone you can move around at full speed while you're healing your shields up AND you heal overtime automatically if you haven't been damaged recently. Let's talk about Apex Legends healing system. Apex Legends healing system when it was first released allowed you to actually bunny hop around at full speed while healing shields, syringes, medkits, anything and everything. Currently you're slowed down to like 50% movement speed reduction to heal which makes you vulnerable as well but at least you're able to move around. You can bunny hop a little bit while healing still currently to give yourself a better chance at not getting shot. We NEED to be able to heal while on the move. Wether you choose to reduce movement speed by 50% or just let us keep moving at normal speed but not allow us to shoot while healing that is up to you. I personally would love it if we could just keep moving at full speed and be able to heal so we can try and dodge shots while getting the meds off. I think that would increase the skill gap of the game a little bit. Obviously you wouldn't be able to pull out your gun or shoot while healing but yeah this would make the game better in my opinion! Let's get away from older mechanics and welcome in newer/better ones!
Jonny
Jonny

Allow us to move while healing - being unable to move is outdated! Empty Re: Allow us to move while healing - being unable to move is outdated!

on Sun 23 Aug - 23:07
I don't think this is a good idea tbh. This game is suppost to be fast-paced. If we add this mechanic it will be a lot harder to finish off a kill and I think it will be really annoying after a while when everyone can sprint while healing. Maybe increase the speed by little, but not much.

j3sser3t4rd likes this post

SnoddyG

Allow us to move while healing - being unable to move is outdated! Empty Re: Allow us to move while healing - being unable to move is outdated!

on Mon 24 Aug - 0:54
You wouldn't be able to shoot while healing so if you choose to heal while running you can still get 2 tapped/die while trying to heal. Currently people use cover anyway to shoot a little bit and then hide and heal so I really don't see how this is that big of a deal especially since you can delete someone if you have any skill at all within a second or 2.
SnoddyG

on Mon 24 Aug - 3:50
Another good example of healing in a shooter is Rust.  Rust allows you to heal on the move with syringes and bandages.  A bandage heals you for 5 health after 5 seconds but you can also run around while doing it.  A syringe heals you instantly for 25 health and heals you for another 20 health over 20 seconds.  The point is though that you can run at full speed with both methods of healing so you can potentially outplay people.  If you had to sit there and heal in Rust like you do in this game you wouldn't be able to outplay people as good and the game wouldn't be as fun as it is today.  Healing while on the move is the wave.  standing still like a rock is oldschool and needs to be dropped.  It's a clunky way to heal that bad players will punish you for over and over again.  I've already died multiple times due to this healing system and as I can continue to play this game I'll die many more times this way.  With healing on the move I can move around and try to survive so I can keep playing and if I die while I'm trying to evade some shots so be it but at least I had a chance.  You don't have a chance when you are sitting there like a duck.  You're just a free kill at that point.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum